LGPS: making progress on Paris-aligned investing
Net Zero Investor and sister title, Room151, brought together a group of UK local government investment professionals and asset managers to discuss their net-zero journeys.
Download the Paris Alignment Roundtable Report
Paris-aligned investing is a key component of a credible net-zero roadmap. With a variety of strategies and offerings in the market, there is no shortage of opportunities available to those in the UK’s Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS).
However, questions remain regarding the specifics. What does a good engagement framework look like? How do you benchmark your investments? What are the best ways to achieve carbon reduction? Which asset classes are best suited for a Paris-aligned strategy? And what is the right balance between engagement and divestment?
These issues and much more were covered at the latest Net Zero Investor/Room151 roundtable. It took place at Room151’s LGPS Investment Forum, was chaired by Mike O’Donnell, CEO of London CIV, and sponsored by Amundi and Insight Investment.
- Claire Bews, senior credit portfolio manager, Insight Investment
- Graham Cook, CIO, Environment Agency Pension Fund
- Steven Fawn, head of global credit, Amundi
- George Graham, director, South Yorkshire Pensions Authority
- Sherilee Mace, director, Insight Investment
- Ross Matsentides, institutional sales manager, UK, Amundi
- Mike O’Donnell (roundtable chair), CEO, London CIV
- Anthony Parnell, treasury and pension investments manager, Carmarthenshire County Council/Wales Pension Partnership
- Jo Ray, head of pensions, Lincolnshire County Council
- Bola Tobun, head of pension investment and treasury, London Borough of Enfield
You can read full coverage of the session here.